the moderate epicurean

a quest for measured pleasure...

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Okay. It's over. Not just 2007, but the parties, cocktails, appetizers, rich meals, excess good cheer - over! Enter ye moderation (in fact, a little deprivation wouldn't hurt at this point) and reside in thee for a spell. Please? At least until my birthday this weekend...

Hey, there's nothing wrong with risotto, cream puffs, chocolate mousse, prime rib, mashed potatoes, lobster, champagne, or caviar - a sip and a taste of something lovely can always fit into a healthy diet - it's just the all-in-the-same-week aspect that is a bit, uh, immoderate. Heck, often all in the same day! Egads but it's been a very Merry Christmas. Whew.

And so. It's a New Year and time for a slice of...cold, hard reality. Or at least a plate of pretty salad greens alongside a nice piece of fish. Or a bowl of brothy soup. A mug of hot tea. A lovely ripe pear. A handful of raw almonds. My go-to restorative, depuffing foods. In fact, several such meals in a row, followed by several long, brisk walks, and I'll be feeling like myself again in no time.

Right?

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

And thank you for the serenity and levity you bring to my daily life. I find so much inspiration, ideas, and great food here that it's nearly a daily visit. I also am doing my small part to share your moderation with others; I've linked it from my blog at Twin Cities Business, and all of my girlfriends have been ordered to bookmark.

You've got the right mix of moxy, self-care, and big love that so many of us need to find in our own lives. Keep lighting the way for all of us.

Here's to 2008!

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow, on a day that I'm not much looking forward to, I can't tell how how pleased I was to receive this message. It's a lovely note, thank you so much. I look forward to checking out your blog and thank you in advance for linking to mine. A very Happy New Year to you as well! Stephanie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home