the moderate epicurean

a quest for measured pleasure...

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

If you're looking for casual, healthy, tasty eats in St. Louis Park, the black-bean burger at good ol' McCoy's is pretty damn hard to beat. I met my dear friend Kathie for dinner there last night and we each chowed one down, topped with guacamole, tomato, lettuce, pickles, and onions. We skipped the cheese (unnecessary with all those other goodies) and the top bun (ditto, especially since it's toasted white bread) and agreed we enjoyed them as much if not more than a burger-burger. Like all of the best goodies, it's got it all - spicy, crunchy, creamy, salty, chewy. YUM! And with a side of broccolini (they do it nicely, tender-crisp) it's damn healthy too. Perfect in my book. Yeah, baby!

I was ready to return to healthier eating after my uber-indulgent weekend. After buttery veal, mashed potatoes, cheeses, white breads, pasta, birthday cake - holy hell, I was feeling rather sluggish on Sunday. Much better today after a few days of the usual veggies, veggies, and more veggies, raw and cooked, supplemented with fish, raw nuts, whole grains, legumes, and fruits. It is amazing what eating whole foods (as well as fresh air and lots of water) does for one's energy level and skin. Even after 24 hours I look and feel more like myself. Whew.

It's nice to have a spot of sunshine and warmer air as well. It's not exactly Spring-y, but it's in the air, I can feel it and smell it. Puts a little bounce in my step. Sweet.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger Suz said...

I recognize that photo of you, Steph...isn't Mod Hair Ken behind you?! :-)

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, heh, heh... Ooh, Ken!

 
At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's the gray haired hottie?????
Just my lovely, yet annoying sister! ;)

Lisa (Radcliffe) Lorenz

 
At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silver Fox!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home