the moderate epicurean

a quest for measured pleasure...

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Here's a good day - Tuesday Morning Coffee with Suz (Kim's in China, lucky girl; we'll snag her next week) and Tuesday Afternoon Hangin' with Nathan (my son, not in a camp this week for the first time this whole summer; he's been BUSY!). It's again been waaaay too long since I could sip and chat with Susie - she was on vaca last week, she's started a new business (or two?), her house is for sale, and well, she's basically crazy-busy. Luckily (for me) she had a showing this morning and so had to vacate her house to come HERE! Woo hoo! I was needing a girlfriend fix, I admit it, I had nothin' last week (except for Stacey, I love and need my Stacey time too). After tossing around a few f-bombs, cackling so loudly we scared the hell out of poor Digby (Suz's dog, who visited too), eating sweets, and drinking quarts of coffee, I was as good as new, ready for the day. Yeah, baby!

So this afternoon, chillin' with Nate. I promised him BLTs for dinner tonight. Who loves them more, Nathan, John, or me? Hmmmm, I'd call it a delicious toss up. I like mine on the healthy side - whole grain bread, very little (if any) mayo, just a touch of bacon, load 'er up on the lettuce and the true star...the T. For me, it's all about the to-ma-toes, perfectly red, garden-ripe, and juicy. Naughty, naughty, those tomatoes, in the best of ways. John and Nathan? For them, it's all about the oink. Hey, I'll admit, cured, crispy pork is a very good thing. But we can have cured pork anytime - in the summer, I'm going for the 'matoes (and berries and peaches and melons and cherries and green beans and sweet corn and lettuces and, and, and...)

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Blogger Suz said...

Would there be anywhere else I'd rather go during a house-showing than your house?! I think not! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home