the moderate epicurean

a quest for measured pleasure...

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Your chesnock is my ku cai, baby. Or toi. Ajo. Knoblauch. Aglio. Or garlic! Yes, garlic, in any language, heavenly, healthy, aphrodisiac garlic. I'll admit, I despise garlic kisses (blech, John gets so irritated with me when I make him something super-garlicky for dinner and then complain about the, uh, fragrance), but I eat and cook with garlic all the time anyhow. As in tonight, a what's-in-the-fridge sort of dinner: pasta el pesto (leftover basil-garlic puree), zucchini parmigiana (big ol' zucchini from my CSA veggie share), and a simple cucumber- tomato salad (ditto the big ol' cucumber, along with loads of ripe tomatoes from my pots).

NICE dinner! I especially love that zucchini parmigiana, it's quick, easy, and sooooo delicious! Yep, my garlic and I are heading to bed soon, rarrr...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home