the moderate epicurean

a quest for measured pleasure...

Friday, November 24, 2006

I believe a turkey-challah sandwich is in order for lunch today, non? With a teeny side of stuffing topped with a smidge of gravy (that damn stuffing, so good, and so not light, eek). Hope you've got some tasties planned for lunch today! My friend Andrew Zimmern has a naughty, naughty turkey tetrazzini recipe on his blog if you're looking for something decadent to do with leftover turkey. It looks incredible. And as I said, naughty. Yeah, baby!

Changed the dining room table over to Christmas today and set out a few other choice decorations. We'll get a tree and wreath at some point this week. The pots of tree tops are out. Here we go! Holiday Hell! How many gifts have I purchased? Exactly ZERO. Which is absolutely typical for me at this point in the season. I never shop early. And it always somehow works out just fine. And I do actually enjoy myself, don't worry, it just takes me awhile to warm to the whole thing. Once I get going I get way into wrapping presents and arranging them under the tree (I love beautiful, unusual papers and keeping bows and such spare and minimal). Piano Christmas CDs. A glass of bubbly by the fireplace. Baking and decorating gingerbread men with Nathan.

Yeah, I'll get there.

1 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger Suz said...

I'm there for you, baby. I'm already almost done with my shopping. Virgos unite! Ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home